Monday night was my Grandad’s 80th birthday. Our whole family went out for a meal to celebrate, it was a little crazy as there were 22 of us. The restaurant had to push 7 tables together to fit us in! It was a great night and of course I made the most of having an excuse to get dressed up.
Top – H&M (old) // Skirt – Vintage via WilsonStone //Belt – Vintage//Shoes – Boohoo.com//Necklace – Star by Julien Macdonald//Cuff – Cherry Blossom Bay//Earrings – Kukee//Bow – Head full of feathers//Sunglasses – Primark//
This look is my take on the nineties fashion trend. I absolutely love this vintage 90’s grunge skirt, it really is a joy to wear. I teamed my 90’s skirt with this cute crop top that has been hanging around in the back of my closet for a couple of years. I like how the Minnie Mouse print makes the outfit just a bit more girly and fun. It has been a long time since I wore a crop but I recently started wearing my belly button piercing again so I figured I should probably show it off. I used to have more piercings but I took them out a couple of years ago, lately I’ve been feeling like I want my piercings back.
To finish the outfit I wore my stars and stripes platform boots. Because a 90’s outfit is just no good unless you are wearing some freakin’ huge platforms!
I’m so glad that my Grandad really enjoyed his birthday and it was great to see all my family together.
Happy birthday Gramps!!
Hey Guys and Dolls,
My birthday is coming up and since I haven’t posted a wishlist in a while so I thought it may be fun to share my birthday wishlist with you.
1. Chain Me Free Bomber from Nasty Gal – I am so in love with this jacket! The front panels are cut out and the wonderful chain detailing gives it a fab grunge feel. Think how amazing this would look over a neon bodycon dress.
2. UK Flag Shred Top from Blue Banana – Another grunge piece, I’m really loving anything with tassels right now.
3. Eagle necklace from Kukee – This statement necklace is from my fave online jewellery store. A perfect nod to the Americana trend.
4. Meow in space tee from Batoko – This may not be to everyone’s taste but it was made for me. Galaxy print and a cat wearing a cape, what more could I ask for in a t shirt?
5. Box wristlet bag from H! by Henry Holland – Henry Holland is one of my all time fave designers and I love his H! collection for Debenhams. I’m digging the neon and snakeskin on this bag, two trends for the price of one! 🙂
6. Spaniel necklace from Veuxdoo – You may have seen me tweeting about this necklace last week. It’s so cute and kooky, gotta have it.
7. Let’s Ride Homegirl t-shirt from The Pretty Junk – It has a unicorn on it, enough said.
Hey Guys and Dolls!
Last week I was lucky enough to win a giveaway from WilsonStone. WilsonStone is an asos marketplace seller that sells absolutely gorgeous vintage clothes. I was incredibly surprised when she tweeted that I had won as I never win anything! Seriously the last thing I can remember winning was a chocolate selection box in a school raffle when I was seven. As shocked as I was to win, I was also super happy. I was given a choice of three prizes: a blouse, a tartan skirt or an art deco style jumper.
I have to say I loved them all. I very nearly chose the art deco jumper but I wasn’t too sure about the neckline. I still think it is fab and am now considering buying it. In the end I chose the tartan skirt. I think it’s super cool and has a great 90’s grunge look to it.
My skirt arrived earlier this week and I am so happy with it. It was packaged beautifully in green tissue paper and string. I almost didn’t want to open it!
The skirt itself is in wonderful condition and although it is ever so slightly too big for me it should be fine once I pin it in a little bit.
I can’t wait to wear this in an outfit post soon 🙂
Don’t forget to check out WilsonStone if you too are a vintage lover.