For various reasons (that I wont bore you with) I have decided to move my blog to a self hosted site. I am attempting to do this myself rather than pay someone to do it for me, which means that the move may take a couple of days. I can’t guarantee that my site won’t be down at some point during that time, so my apologies in advance if the blog does go down.
My domain name will remain the same: outcrowdfashion.com
I have been told that I can transfer all of my WordPress followers to my new site. However, I’m not convinced because I know that there have been blogs that I followed that moved to self hosted and then disappeared from my WordPress reader. So if you do currently follow me via WordPress and want to continue following me (which I hope you do!) then please consider following via Bloglovin’ or my Facebook page. The links are below.
Bloglovin / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram
I am really excited about making this move to self hosting. I have tons of exciting plans for my blog once it is self hosted and I cant wait to share them with you!
I’ve seen a lot of other bloggers doing ‘random facts about me’ type posts and I decided I would have a go at doing one myself. I always love to read these kinds of posts. I think it’s fab to get to know a little more about the person behind the blog and also I’m kinda nosey!
So here goes…
- My real name is Jade Evelyne-Marie. I am named after Jade Jagger and my two great grandmothers. A lot of people tell me I have a ‘movie star name’ but personally I prefer to be called JJ, it’s snappier 🙂
- I love to travel and start to feel very restless if I stay in one place too long. I have been to Italy, Spain, Ibiza, Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, Thailand, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Morocco and the USA.
- My favourite place in the whole world is Matapalo. A tiny village on the pacific coast of Costa Rica. I lived there for a while and I’ve never been happier. I think it is the most beautiful place in the world.
- I struggle with anxiety and depression and have done most of my life. I’m ok at the moment tho 🙂
- I am weirdly private about my music collection. When people start scrolling through my Ipod I feel like they are reading my diary!
- I have a LOT of phobias (the joys of an anxious personality!) Some of the weirder ones include rag dolls, singing children, bald men with beards and Noel Edmonds!
- I have 4 jobs and I am a full time student.
- I find it extremely hard to relax. I have to constantly be doing something productive otherwise I feel guilty for being lazy.
- I speak Spanish and I can read French, I could probably speak it a little too I’m just not that confident with it.
- I have had 3 tumors in my head and have had surgery so many times I have actually lost count. I’m all clear now 😀
- I love turtles. They are the bestest animals ever.
- The only bones I have ever broke are my toes which I broke when a sea turtle was dropped on my foot. We were trying to load it onto the roof of a fire truck during a hurricane…True story!!
- I love red wine.
- I really suck at being a girl. I am genuinely clueless when it comes to makeup. I only ever wear mascara, eyeliner and lipstick on a day to day basis. I have no idea how to use primer, foundation, etc… and I don’t even understand what BB cream is!
- I’ve been together with my boyfriend for almost 3 years and he is the love of my life.
- I am super adventurous. One of my best adventures was camping out overnight at the top of an active volcano.
- Some of my other adventures include: camel trekking in the Sahara desert, flying a plane, bareback riding wild horses, sleeping under the stars in an African nature reserve with cheetahs and jumping off of an underground waterfall.
- Mexican food is the best!
- I am terrible at baking.
- In my lifetime I have experienced a hurricane, volcano eruption, flash flood and an earthquake. The earthquake registered 5.9 on the Richter scale and was a really weird experience!
Those are my random facts, I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better. Why not tell me a fact about you?
I feel like I should apologise, I kind of disappeared from the blogosphere for a while with no word of an explanation. Sometimes real life just takes over. I’ve been really busy working 15 hour shifts and trying to get all my uni coursework finished so blogging had to take a backseat for a while.
But now I’m back! Yay! I’ve really missed blogging so now I’m super happy to actually have some time to write as well as catch up with reading all my fave blogs.
I also want to say a huge “Thank you!” to everyone who reads and follows my blog. I recently reached 500 followers, which is so incredible! Thanks so much guys! When I first started blogging back in November I was shocked that I even had one follower so it feels pretty good to have reached this point. I just hope that you all continue to enjoy reading this blog. And if you are reading this right now I am so grateful that you stopped by 🙂
One more thing… I would be super grateful if you could take a peep at my Facebook page and give it a like. I have been neglecting the Facebook page for a while but now I am trying to make the effort to post there more often and try to build it up a little. Either click the link above or the follow button on the left sidebar. Thanks!
Hey Guys and Dolls,
This stunning angel wing cuff is the latest addition to my ever expanding jewellery collection.
Last week one of my favourite bloggers, Kate from Into the stratosphere, blogged about her new Etsy store. I love browsing through Etsy so I checked it out. As soon as I saw this cuff I just had to have it, it is so lovely and unique. I knew I would regret it if I didn’t snap it up straight away.
It arrived this morning wrapped up in a lovely little package. I was so excited to open it! I can definitely say it is just as lovely in reality as it was in the picture.
I think it is a very versatile piece of jewellery. It looks fab as an anklet as well as a wrist cuff.
Please excuse the fuzzy Instagram photo. I am going to feature the cuff in an outfit post tomorrow so you will get a better look at it there.
Kate has a wonderful free spirit boho style which is reflected in her Etsy store. It is really worth checking out, she has so many pretty items of jewellery for sale. I will definitely be making another purchase in the future.
Hey Guys and Dolls!
I’m back from my three week adventure in Africa. I had an amazing time. I fully intended to take pictures for outfit posts whilst I was out there but that never happened, I was too busy enjoying myself 🙂
So instead here is a little collage to show what I have been up to these last few weeks…
It’s taken me a few days to get back into the swing of things but now I am ready to start blogging regularly again. I have a few new ideas for the blog so stay tuned for new features and hopefully a new layout coming soon.
Hey Guys and Dolls!
Saturday evening, after a fun day of shopping, pampering and pop up fashion at 48 hour fashion fix, I was invited to a blogger party along with some other lovely bloggers from the south west. It was a lovely evening where I got to meet loads of new people as well as catch up with a few familiar faces.
Fortunately for me I only live a short way from where the party was being held and so I was able to pop home and change my outfit. It had been raining on and off all day so I was very grateful for some dry clothes.
I wore my favourite Henry Holland tights and a LBD with gorgeous glitter feather details on the side and shoulder.
Dress – Primark
Tights – Henry Holland
Shoes – Boohoo.com
Bag – vintage
Necklace – Heidi seeker
I have to say a massive thank you to my lovely boyfriend for coming with me to the party even though it was super girly 🙂
This pic is courtesy of South West Bloggers Network. If you wanna see what the other bloggers wore you can check them out here!
Hey Guys and Dolls!
I finally got round to dyeing my hair. This time I opted for Violet by Directions, you can buy it here.
I will post a proper review of this dye once I’ve had it for a while but so far my first impressions are a little disappointing. It is hard to see in the pics but in real life I think it looks slightly washed out and not as vibrant as I was expecting. I may apply the dye again over the top to try to darken it a little.
Also I need to appologise for the quality of these photos. My camera is on loan to my sister so I had to use the camera on my Ipad.