I’ve seen a lot of other bloggers doing ‘random facts about me’ type posts and I decided I would have a go at doing one myself. I always love to read these kinds of posts. I think it’s fab to get to know a little more about the person behind the blog and also I’m kinda nosey!
So here goes…
- My real name is Jade Evelyne-Marie. I am named after Jade Jagger and my two great grandmothers. A lot of people tell me I have a ‘movie star name’ but personally I prefer to be called JJ, it’s snappier 🙂
- I love to travel and start to feel very restless if I stay in one place too long. I have been to Italy, Spain, Ibiza, Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, Thailand, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Morocco and the USA.
- My favourite place in the whole world is Matapalo. A tiny village on the pacific coast of Costa Rica. I lived there for a while and I’ve never been happier. I think it is the most beautiful place in the world.
- I struggle with anxiety and depression and have done most of my life. I’m ok at the moment tho 🙂
- I am weirdly private about my music collection. When people start scrolling through my Ipod I feel like they are reading my diary!
- I have a LOT of phobias (the joys of an anxious personality!) Some of the weirder ones include rag dolls, singing children, bald men with beards and Noel Edmonds!
- I have 4 jobs and I am a full time student.
- I find it extremely hard to relax. I have to constantly be doing something productive otherwise I feel guilty for being lazy.
- I speak Spanish and I can read French, I could probably speak it a little too I’m just not that confident with it.
- I have had 3 tumors in my head and have had surgery so many times I have actually lost count. I’m all clear now 😀
- I love turtles. They are the bestest animals ever.
- The only bones I have ever broke are my toes which I broke when a sea turtle was dropped on my foot. We were trying to load it onto the roof of a fire truck during a hurricane…True story!!
- I love red wine.
- I really suck at being a girl. I am genuinely clueless when it comes to makeup. I only ever wear mascara, eyeliner and lipstick on a day to day basis. I have no idea how to use primer, foundation, etc… and I don’t even understand what BB cream is!
- I’ve been together with my boyfriend for almost 3 years and he is the love of my life.
- I am super adventurous. One of my best adventures was camping out overnight at the top of an active volcano.
- Some of my other adventures include: camel trekking in the Sahara desert, flying a plane, bareback riding wild horses, sleeping under the stars in an African nature reserve with cheetahs and jumping off of an underground waterfall.
- Mexican food is the best!
- I am terrible at baking.
- In my lifetime I have experienced a hurricane, volcano eruption, flash flood and an earthquake. The earthquake registered 5.9 on the Richter scale and was a really weird experience!